Job Posting for a Manual Therapist in San Antonio
- April 27, 2018
- Posted by: Pieter Kroon
- Category: Uncategorized
On a somewhat regular basis we get requests to post job offers for Fellowship trained PT’s. I am happy to post requests from MTI alumni. This on comes from Chase Olson in San Antonio. If you are looking for a new job in the San Antonio area, give him a call.
My name is Landon “Chase” Olson. I completed my fellowship with the Manual Therapy Institute in 2016. I am the Clinic Director for 2 outpatient physical therapy clinics of the South Texas Spinal Clinic in San Antonio, TX. Over the past year, we have really done an overhaul in the practice patterns of our therapists. We have put in a lot of effort to instill the concepts that I learned through MTI with Pieter and Tim. In doing so, we have seen outstanding results that have lead our physicians and surgeons to be extremely receptive and pleased with the outcomes.
We are now looking for a like-minded Physical Therapist to join our team. We have an opening in our Stone Oak clinic. This position offers a unique opportunity to treat pts in an outpatient setting with a private practice culture, but also get a taste of pre & post-surgical cases in an attached surgical hospital. In doing so, we are able to have direct communication with referring physicians and surgeons, including surgery observation and shadowing in clinic.
We are seeking a Full-Time Licensed Physical Therapist with manual therapy experience. Our goal is to provide efficient, quality-oriented patient care through an individualized program, including assessment, treatment, planning, implementation, education, and communication to maximize the patient’s progress toward achieving functional goals. Our philosophy is to provide high quality care for our patients while also promoting a work/life balance for our employees.
We’re developing an elite physical therapy team, and our compensation packages reflect this mission:
• Above Market Standard Compensation
• Comprehensive Benefits Package with Day 1 Eligibility
• 16 hours per month PTO accrual
• CEU platform with additional CEU stipend
• Leadership Training and Growth Opportunities
• Expected case load: 11-13 patients/day average.
Responsibilities and Duties
Position Summary: Provide efficient, quality-oriented patient care through an individualized program, including assessment, treatment, planning, implementation, a home exercise program, education, and communication to maximize the patient’s progress toward achieving functional goals.
• Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral degree in physical therapy as evidenced by college diploma.
• Preference for manual therapy experience.
• Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Physical Therapist in the state of Texas.
• Ability to project a professional image.
• Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
• Ability to identify and implement components of the physical therapy process
• Identify learning needs and teach patients and families
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with a variety of teams and individuals
• Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations.
• Strong organizational, prioritizing, and analytical skills.
• Strong customer service.
• Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
• Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions.
• Additional Qualifications/Skills as outlined in the full job description.
Please let me know if you or anyone you know is interested in this opportunity. You can email or call me at any time with any questions you may have.
Landon C. Olson, PT, DPT, FAAOMPT
Physical Therapy Clinic Director
South Texas Spinal Clinic
P (254) 366-6742
Email: [email protected]